Friday, March 14, 2008

Creeper creeps to Ninasam

Starring Abhishek Majumdar and Mallika Prasad
Written and directed by Ram Ganesh Kamatham


Sunday 23rd March (7:30pm) at Nani Arena
Centre for Film and Drama, 5th Floor,
Sona Towers, 71, Millers Road, Bangalore


Wednesday 26th March at Ninasam, Heggodu
as part of the Not the Drama Seminar - Theatre Practice in India Today
by the Prithvi Theatre, Mumbai
"There is a box on stage."
"There is a light on the box."
"We do not know what is inside the box."
Creeper is a modern re-imagination of the tale of Vikram and Betal. The play slams this mythos into a contemporary urban setting with a racy text and powerhouse performances – creating a shadowy world that is immediately recognizable yet bizarre and entertaining.

1 comment:

Venetia Ansell said...

Hi Ram,
Not sure how to contact you so will post this as a comment:
I saw your play in Bangalore last year and very much enjoyed it.
I a recent Oxford University Sanskrit graduate currently working in publishing in India. I am hoping to start a Sanskrit literature forum which would generate a fresh interest in Sanskrit literature around the world by promoting texts, translations, literary criticism and artistic interpretations. As a forerunner to this forum, I have just recently set up a blog to get the ball rolling and bring together Sanskritists, literature fans, readers and audiences. The blog is called Sanskrit Literature, and can be found at http://venetiaansell.wordpress.com.

I'd like to do a post on Creeper but can you tell me when and where it's next showing?

I am inviting directors, artists, authors etc who have been involved in modern adaptations of Sanskrit texts to contribute articles to the blog talking about their interpretation. I'd love to have something written by you on Creeper - would you be interested in contributing a piece?

Please do contact me at venetia.ansell@gmail.com. I shall very much look forward to hearing from you.
Best,
Venetia Ansell